Friday 16 March 2012

Spring, love, photography


Demeter
 By Carol Ann Duffy

Where I lived - winter and hard earth.
I sat in my cold stone room
choosing tough words, granite, flint,
to break the ice. My broken heart -
I tried that, but it skimmed,
flat, over the frozen lake.

She came from a long, long way,
but I saw her at last, walking,
my daughter, my girl, across the fields,

in bare feet, bringing all spring's flowers
to her mother's house. I swear
the air softened and warmed as she moved,

the blue sky smiling, none too soon,
with the small shy mouth of a new moon.




Spring is here. It's time to shake off the old doubts and try to create something new. To me, the world is looking bleak at the moment, overflowing with pointless distractions that's confusing whats important to me in life.

I've  recently reconnected with a good friend, someone whose thinking is on the same wavelength as me. She's a wonderful individual that wants some more from her life then going out on the weekend and buying the latest look. Her fiance is learning bushcraft with the aim to set up his own business in the future and she herself has just set up her own photography business. 
Hows that for interesting individuals!!

I feel so privileged to have met her and it was in such a chance moment that we did come in contact!

I love that about life!

We had a brilliant long chat over tea and mocktails ( yes, no alcohol was consumed, but we had early starts and we wanted to drink something fun! ). 

We laughed, shared pains and realised we both measure a successful life not through money but through the memories you make and the people who are around you.

You can see her feelings coming through in her wonderful photography. She has an amazing ability to capture light when she takes photos! What you see aren't photoshop filters...it's just her skill with a camera. :)



 

1 comment:

  1. WOW FABULOUS BLOG! I LOVE IT! I hope you can check out mine and follow: http://the-proverbs.blogspot.com thanks for your time. God bless!

    ReplyDelete